Tuesday 9 October 2012

Ups and Downs of Transition - Ups

A couple of linked posts on the ups and downs of transition.

Ever the optimist, lets start with the ups.

I am fairly happy with my 'look' now, or at least as happy as I can be at over 6 feet tall in anyuthing but bare feet!

Only the other day I was in the quefor the supermarket checkout and in front of me a lad of 7 or 8 was playing up to his Dad who had been sent out for some last minute Sunday morning shopping, it seemed.  He was told to behave or they would be delaying the 'lady' waiting behind them - that was me!  I am sure I wasnt being given a second thought by either of them.

It is now 14 months of so since I started living full time in the female role and I now couldn't imagine doing anything else.  Skirts and blouses are entirely natural and reverting to a shirt and tie would seem very weird indeed.

All just as well, I suppose, as I have been approved for reassignment surgery and am off to Thailand in about 3 weeks now.  It all seems a bit unreal but I am sooooo looking forwards to 'downstairs' matching the rest of me.  I will try to blog regularly during my time away.

regards

Robin Moira White 

No comments: