Friday 11 March 2011

The hormones are biting

I have been on oestogen for about 2 and a half months now and am starting to see significant effects.  I should say that I had 4 months on oestrogen about 17 years ago, so perhaps I am building on earlier work. 

Perhaps the most noticeable aspect for me is that I now  have a delightful pair of A-cup breasts all of my own.  There is a constant sensitivity behind the nipples (I was going to say 'ache' but that's not quite right.) which I understaqnd can be interpreted as 'growing pains'.  And they are certainly still growing!  I am told that full development may take up to 2 years and is likely to be in fits and starts so now I'm wondering where I will end up.  What I have at the moment is not really noticeable under male vest, shirt and suit jacket but the warmer weather is coming and if I grow much more it will be difficult to hide.

There are other more subtle effects.  A number of friends have said that my face shape has changed a little.  This is difficult for me to spot because I see myself in the mirror most mornings and the change is rather subtle.

Another change I have definitely noticed is that I have lost some muscle mass and definition at the top of my arms.  Before Xmas I was shying away from sleeveless dresses because the tops of my arms were very obviously male.  Now they are beginning to look rather different.

All this augers well for my great change in the summer.  I wouldn't say that I am waiting with increasing anticipation but then I can tell you that my cosmetic surgery is 115 days away and my return to work as a woman is in160 days....

Another change, and I don't think it relates to the hormones, is with regard to mental processes.  Given that I am not hiding anymore from friends, colleagues clients, etc, it has begun to free my mental processes; do I fancy him, would I wear that etc etc.  The only parallel I can think of is when I go to France.  I speak quite passable French and it takes me about 36 hours to beging thinking in French.  Now I am thinking as a woman and it is just great!

LOL

Moira

No comments: