Tuesday 19 April 2011

Angela Rippon's legs...

The title of this post won’t mean much to my USA or younger UK readers unless I remind you that in the 1980’s the BBC TV had a ground-breaking female news reader by that name.  As she sat behind a desk to read the news, jokes were made about whether she had legs and/or what she wore ‘out of sight’.  Famously, she appeared on the Morecombe and Wise Christmas TV special to perform a dance routine that demonstrated beyond doubt that she had legs....
Over the winter I have had my leg hair virtually eliminated by laser and now the weather is warming up here in the UK, MY legs are coming out to play....  At the moment they are pasty white from years of long-trouser wearing, glimpsed only occasionally on the annual seaside summer holiday.  NOW I intend to be working on the garden in the next few weeks in short shorts and a bikini top, to give the real me  a chance to catch some sunshine.  I will be taking proper sun-protection precautions, of course, but I don’t intend to start my new life in August the colour of a piece of cod waiting to go in the fryer.
Angela, eat your heart out....
Lol
Moira

No comments: