Saturday 2 April 2011

Hello Boys!

Just a word to say how wonderful it is to have cleavage!

The hormones are working wonderfully well and I am now beyond an A-cup and my nipples are still sensitive, which I understand is a sign that development continues.  As a later-transitioner we tend to react a little less strongly to oestrogen and I had expected to have to have breast augmentation surgery at a later date but I will be quite happy as a 'B' and it seems I might get there under my own steam.  The only downside (temporarily) is that I now need to wear a bra the whole time and my changed shape is impossible to hide in anything other than the sloppiest sweater.

I saw my gender consultant on Thursday with the results of my latest blood test.  My oestrogen was '397' and my testosterone only '4' on whatever scales are used.  Apparently that means that my testosterone is down in the female range without using the nastier androgen-blockers and my oestogen is close to the female range (400 - 600) and I am reacting well to it.  There have been no unfortunate side effects and liver function is normal.  However, Dr Curtis did reccommend increasing my oestrogen patches from 100 microgrammes per day to 150.  It will be interesting to see what difference that makes.

Whilst there are wonderous times in prospect, this all adds to my feeling of 'oddness' at the moment.  I am just back from my Saturday morning electolysis session.  This is going well, in that we are down to mostly fine hairs now, but I cannot wear make up before or after the session for a while and it does make my skin very red in the 'beard and moustache' area from the time of the session for a couple of hours.  (I should say that witchhazel or aloe vera gel from the fridge helps enormously.)  However, with a distinct bust combined with pre- facial surgery features it is difficult to know what to wear, and I end up as a compromise.  All a bit frustrating, and not a little confusing for the other salon customers.

Lastly, a small request.  I can see from the stats that this site generates that there are quite a few of you reading my posts now.  It would be lovelly to get a comment or two in reply,

lol

Moira

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So pleased to hear that all is progressing as it should and especially without the potential side affects(or is that effects - english not my strong point!) With that extra oestrogen you could be a double D before you know it! Keep smiling - it will only get better x