Friday 15 April 2011

Keeping a stiff upper lip......

Well, this just got a lot easier.

I have been having electrolysis since last September, mostly every Saturday to fit around work.  I started with three hour session (three times one hour, with an hour gap between each hour) and now I'm down to about 45 mins and the remaining hairs are getting sparser and thinner and lighter in colour all the time...

The most painful are those on the thin skin of the neck and around across the upper lip and under the nose.  Boy! (note to self:  should theat now be 'Girl!' ?)  are they painful.  The therapist does one side, then neck, the front, the top lip and then the other side, so I know when we have finished the top lip that the end is nigh.  (Sometimes it feels like 'the end of the world is nigh', I can tell you.

Well today, she started on the top lip and I steeled myself for the usual 100 or so insertions of the needle and....it was only 30 or so.  I was so surprised but when she handed me the mirror at the end nothing had been missed.  Hooray!  Hooray! the electrolysis end of the tunnel may still be a long way off but it is certainly in sight.

I also don't look anywhere near as red as I did in the early days as the finer hairs I mostly now have needs a much lower current / shorter time to 'zap' them.

Only 75 days to go now until my facial surgery.   I had dinner with a female friend in the week and she remarked how happy I now seemed.  It is true.  My head hits the pillow and I drop off to calm sleep now, in a way I havent really known for many years.  I'm sure that there are some scary times to come but 'good scary', if you know what I mean...

Oh, and by the way, I can see that I seem to be developing a following in the good ol' U S of A.  Do I make sense when read in American?  If you are one of my readers from 'across the pond' do drop me a comment.

lol

Moira

No comments: