Sunday 4 November 2012

Phase 1 complete

It is now 6pm on Sunday evening in Phuket and I have been in bed all day!
I don’t have much of a memory of yesterday, Saturday, as they came for me at around 9.30 am and then off to the operating theatre. (Look away now if you are squeamish, or male, or both!).  What I am told happened while I was in theatre was the removal of penis and testicles, creation of the new vaginal canal and reservation of the skin for the re-grafting stage, probably to be carried out on Friday next.  There certainly is ‘less’ down below than there was but it is thoroughly bandaged, so nothing to see yet.  I woke up back in my room about 5pm.
I have a urinary catheter and a drain emerging from ‘down below’ and I have been encouraged to keep up my fluid intake.  I have not been moving about much but I haven’t really had any pain, just a bit of discomfort, rather like bruising.
I have been reading the new ‘what if’ historical novel ‘Dominion’ and there are enough English language channels on hospital TV to keep me interested.  A disappointment was that one network was showing the Bond movie ‘Quantum of Solace’ but unfortunately it was dubbed in one Asian language and subtitled in another!
I am told that I will be allowed out of bed for a short walk tomorrow.
Bye for now.
Robin White

No comments: