Sunday 24 July 2011

Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated....

It's an Oscar Wilde quote.  Thank you to those who sent me messages asking how I was and expressing concern that I had not blogged for a few days.

I have been away for a few days, staying withn my lovely friend Wxxxxxxx in Cardiff.  I have had a restful week, walking, visiting a few local attractions and generally reminding myself that Dorset is more attractive than South Wales.  Thanks also to W's house-guest E, for making me very welcome.  W's lovely boyfriend is an optician and he was kind enough to arrange an out-of-hours trip to his premises for an eye test and lesiurely choice of new, more feminine glasses, a pair for work and a pair of prescription sunglasses.  Yes, I did go to Specsavers!  Now I'm watching the post for them to arrive.

The facial surgery continues to settle down as predicted.  Most of the stitches have fallen out now, with a little careful encouragement.  I am still somewhat swollen around the jaw as might be expected but everything is moving in the right direction, at its own pace.

One difficulty I have had, as previously referred to, is that the long operation brusied my lower back and I have had 'phantom' pain from this, particularly in my left foot.  This is not a bother when I am up and about but when lying down trying to sleep it does become a problem.  Hence I found myself at the Heath Hospital in Cardiff at 2.30 a.m. to see the duty GP for some enhanced pain relief tablets.  Many thanks, Dr Carwyn Patel, for your understanding and efficiency, and full marks to NHS-direct and the Cardiff out-of-hours GP service.  We are very lucky to have the NHS we have.

I am now combing through the house for 'maleness' to go to the car boot sale next Sunday, if the weather is good.  I already have a good pile of shirts, cuff links and the like.  A good friend suggested that the appropriate response to being asked why these items were for sale might be to say 'there is no longer a man in my life...'  true, but hardly the whole truth!

I'll keep you posted

Moira

No comments: