Thursday 30 June 2011

The Adventure Begins!

Well now, the adventure has well and truly begun.
It is 0900 and I am now sipping a coffee in first class on the 0728 train from Sherborne to London Waterloo as we whisk along at about 90 mph.  Before you get the wrong idea, the first class advance fare available yesterday was a few pounds cheaper than the walk-on standard class fare.  Still, it does lend a sense of occasion to the start of the trip.  Important, I think, when you are starting a new life.
I had to work right through the night to finish of the last piece of legal work, clean the house ready for the relatives who are looking after it while I am away, and get packed.  Phew!  Just as well the neighbours were away as I ended up hovering at 2 am!
The program for today is a consultation with gender consultant Dr Richard Curtis in London at 11, then catch the 1434 Eurostar from London St Pancras to Brussels and change there for a local train to Ghent, and a (hopefully) restful and full night’s sleep before the pre-operation consultation and scan with Dr Van der Ven in Ghent tomorrow.
I’ll keep you posted!
lol

Moira

No comments: